Pilot T504, 1946
Tube complement: 12SA7 mixer/oscillator, 12SK7 IF, 12SQ7 detector, 50L6GT AF output, 35Z5GT rectifier.
Approximately 8-3/8 inches / 213 mm wide.
Unusual for a post-war radio, its speaker has a field coil (instead of a permanent magnet), and an external wire antenna is required (there's no internal loop antenna). It must've been a pre-war design, carried over.
|The internal pilot light makes the translucent Plaskon cabinet glow in the dark.|
|Here's the chassis, surrounded by the four-piece Plaskon case, broken down. The four long bolts that hold it together are visible in the upper left area of the photo.|